The beginning of a step training that may help
This is a rough idea I have about how to break free from a kind of an addiction of buying software online.
It’s really a rough draft of an idea I have on how to share a way to help others who are trapped in buying online software and training they don’t need from people who just keep cranking it out like dream-sellers who are trying to take advantage of others instead of really helping them.
I plan on expounding on each step at some point in time.
Maybe in this blog, maybe in a safe FB group, maybe a product, perhaps a combination of all of these with the intention to help others and create something at the same time. We’ll see.
Here are the 12 Steps as they currently are.
Description of who this is for
This may become a system with fewer steps, but for now it is a 12 Step Program for online entrepreneurs Who want to build long-lasting healthy businesses that demonstrate and promote good character. (espc. for people like myself who have shown an unhealthy attraction, to online fools-gold, get-rich quick schemes, short-near-sighted training, and shiny objects peddled by poor-character online marketers and gurus taking advantage of whomever they may proven by their actions) by Victor Aramanda ©2021
We admitted we were powerless over shiny objects—that our online business lives had become unmanageable.
2 Believe help can be found
Came to believe that a successful online business mentor who promotes and demonstrates good character could help restore us to sanity.
Important Characteristics of a Mentor
- good character
3 Made a decision to see a plan through to it’s completion
Made a decision to trust and take instruction from our mentor who has proven to have and continues to walk in good character and who is also willing to receive honest questions and help along those lines as needed themselves too.
Some key things a good mentor may help with finding
- perspective – realization that this will probably take TIME, at least 4-6 mos before you have ANY ROI in the form of $s (which is typically the only kind of return anyone watching you will be looking for, and they are watching and looking ALL THE TIME)
- keeping on track
4 Made a fearless moral inventory
AKA Reality Check 101
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our online business actions, spending, and beliefs.
- letting our mentor know our real status in our online business journey with humility
- being willing to deal with any issues needed
- willing to answer questions that even seemed silly to ask, or that seemed to challenge what should be obvious.
Admitted to our mentor, to ourselves, and to someone who is non-judgmental and trustworthy the exact nature of our wrongs.
Some Examples to help
- desire to get rich quick without having to suffer through growing pains and hard work
- desire to make it the easy way in 3 simple steps
- buy it, click on it
- click on it
- sit back and enjoy the online lifestyle
- trusted, or still trusting in mentors with bad character
- poor actions starting over again and again
- never really doing anything for the long-run
- spending money on shiny objects, applications and software that were never going to work,
- teaching that was obviously encouraging poor character
6 Humbly asked for help
Humbly asked for help to remove our shortcomings.
Resisted being a KNOW-IT-ALL, especially with the proof of time and income all that we knew had gotten us to this point in time.
Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- starting with ourselves
- anyone we had lied to directly or by omission
8 Ready for change
- Make a decision to be entirely ready to have our trusted mentor remove and replace all these defects of character and poor online business practices.
- Ready for real change
- Ready to make a decision that we wanted change for the better
Becoming “Ready” is not the same as the action, but it may be the only way a person can begin. Before the action needs to be a decision, a choice, the action of declaration of intention and desire.
Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
not everyone who we harmed will be receptive to amends or acknowledging they were wronged or that we did any wrong to them.
Keep in mind
we cannot speak for others or make amends for them either, only for ourselves, our responsibility, our decisions, our lies, our poor judgement, our lack of trust in what was right, our trust in what was wrong
What amends may be like
- Amends could look like many things
- Admitting we did or said something that was wrong
- Provide restitution if possible, or offer to
- Ask for forgiveness knowing that it may not be given with a statement that is not self-justifying
- I’m sorry, I was wrong, (for…, when I…..), please forgive me. (FULL STOP! no excuse or explanation)
10 Re-Centering as we continue our journey in online business
Some ways of doing this
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Establish an accountability system we are willing to trust where we can be honest with ourselves and another human being.
- Became part of a group where we allowed ourselves to participate in sharing and receiving honest opinion and help as needed.
11 Get help outside of our own “wisdom”
Sought from outside our own wisdom, thinking and perception to improve our conscious understanding and awareness and knowledge of reality of where our online business was currently at.
How to get our online business to where we want it to be, and being willing to take action on instruction including re-assessing and adjusting action/s as needed on a regular basis, with our mentor or trusted community
12 Keep Stepping and Keep Helping
Having had a reality check and proof of real change for the better for ourselves and our online business as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to online entrepreneurs and others who hope to make money online and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
How about you?
Have you ever gone through a process like this for online business?
What has helped you most?
Please reach out to me if you have any questions.
I hope this has been some help.